This is definitely my favourite go-to recipe. Avocado, eggs and toast combo works for me any time of the day – breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eggs are especially perfect for breakfast if you are trying to avoid refined sugary breakfast cereals (a serious no go for those with PCOS) and are full of protein which should fill you up until lunch. Coupled with the creamy avocado which contain high levels of vitamin E, iron and potassium and are said to help lower so-called "bad" cholesterol – this is the perfect guilt free snack.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 avocado sliced or mashed
- Salt and pepper for topping
- Fresh pine nuts
- Bring a pot of water to boil and carefully drop your eggs in. Boil to your liking (7 minutes for a nice runny yolk).
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast.
- When eggs are done, run under cold water to enable handing and peel off the shells.
- Slice in half over the avocado toast and scatter with pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.